Saturday, November 11, 2006

Nap time or art class?


The other day we put Hailey down for a nap. She is usually so good with napping and bed, you put her down she goes to sleep and wakes up a couple hours later happy as can be. So we put her down, she was quiet and we continued visiting with some friends that were over. About three hours had passed and we still hadn't heard a peep coming from upstairs so we figured we had better check on her. Vince went up stairs came back down and says that I better go look at what she had done. We hadn't heard anything, how bad could it be? So the two of us go upstairs and she's snoozing away in bed but her entire bedroom, I mean walls, the door, dresser and nightable are covered in marker. I was shocked but also thought it was pretty funny being that I knew it was a washable marker. She didn't have markers in her room but I remembered that Braden had been holding one earlier and must have left it behind while playing in her room. At this point she had woken up and was pretty proud of her artwork although she was still looking pretty tired. She was showing us the faces and balloons and everything else she had drawn. She had also gotten some wipes from Braden's room, probably to wash off any marker she on her hands since she hates having dirty hands. But, she had taken every single wipe out of the container and layed them unfolded and perfeclty straight one on top of the other. Once she had woken up more we explained that this wasn't very good and she helped clean the walls, door, dresser and nightable off. Thank goodness for washable markers!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW... I can't beleive you and your little family. By the looks of the pictures it has been way too long since I have seen you, as I havn't seen any of the kids and darn are they CUTE!

Christy and Dustin said...

Ben did the same thing to our hallway a few years back. Yay for washable indeed!

Anonymous said...

My mom said that I did the same thing when I was 2....only they did not make washable markers way back then :)

Ally said...

Haha! Kids. So cute. Thanks for commenting on my blog, I didn't even know you had one! Nice to hear from you again.

Joyce said...

Keep the Blog thingy going.....it is a nice way to stay in 'touch' pray everything is well with your family!

Becky said...

That makes me want kids so bad... well maybe not, but the pictures of yours sure do! so cute!